Wednesday, April 8, 2009

wrap her up...

I've been neglecting to update with my last two days of the Hawaiian trip due to laziness and other issues. I'm here to end that, and wrap this up for the people who may have been reading... Here it is.

Saturday - Day 5

This Day fucking sucked. The end










But no, really... Everything that could of ruined the plans for my last full day in Hawaii happened. A couple days before, I had decided I was going to rent a car on saturday so I could make an attempt to enjoy Maui and see some things. I spent the whole night before writing the blog entry and researching what I wanted to do the whole day.

Things I had decided to do on my last day.

- Wake up, get rental car.
- Return moped
- Send off post cards and shop for whatever else I needed before I left.
- Go to Flemings to finally fucking surf. The break was suppose to be hitting this spot on saturday.
- Drive around the island, see some things, eat some local food away from the hotel, then go to Jaws

If you don't know what Jaws is, it's a surf spot. Famous for the monster of waves it creates about 4 times a year. here's an example.



Yep, thats real. Of course the waves weren't going to be that high when I was there, but I just wanted to see the place. It was a must. The waves were actually suppose to be around 5 feet, but I didn't plan to surf it either way. This would've been my drive. It was definitely going to rule hard.



So if you remember from one of the previous posts, Enterprise Rental were suppose to hold a compact car for me... To no suprise when I went down there was nothing availible. Truth is, they didnt want to rent their car out to me again because Im younger and I returned my last car 15 minutes late. Whatever, FUCK YOU Enterprise! I ended up going to the help desk of the hotel and they hooked me up with Avis rental. Avis came and picked me up, took about a 10 minute drive down the road, and started doing my paperwork upon arrival. They as well had a policy where they have to put a hold, $600, on a major credit card. They can't use a check/debit card, but they cant use it for final payment, then remove the hold on the other credit card. So i'm like whatever, it doesn't matter. Finish all paperwork, lady swipes my card, and she said it gave her a "declined" message. Im like WTF!!!!!!!? Thats impossible, I had way more than the needed amount for the hold, and I had payed the bill that morning just in case of any issues. Plus I had used the card on Wednesday the 25th for the rental car. I call capital one, and they tell me my account had been suspended... wait what? I started yelling at them over the phone because I didnt want my plans to be ruined. That did nothing, they told me my account wouldn't be reactivated until Monday because it was the weekend. Embarrassingly enough, I walk back in. I explain the situation to the rental car lady, asked if I could just pay with the debit card, of course that was no. Was worth a shot. What made it worse was that I was like 4 miles up the road, so I had to ask for a ride back to the hotel... fml... I get the ride back and im just pissed. EVERYTHING = RUINED!

At that time, the scooter was due back to the rental place in like 30 minutes. I drive it back, needed a ride back down the street. 2doods1scooter.com haha! Went to office max to buy bubblewrap to ship back my new board. Then I went around to shop for gifts and other stuff I needed before the I left the next day. Got a taxi back to the hotel, put my shit up, then I decided I mine as well go drink. Went down to the restaurant I had been going to for lunch all week since $40 of my tab was free before 2pm. Drank a lot of the Big Swell IPA again. Had a grilled Mahi Mahi Sandwich, with some french fries and a side of ranch!



Got done eating, had a couple more beers, and was overly stuffed. I went up to my room, and got the "itis." I Slept for like 2 hours. Greg calls me to see what I was doing. He wanted to meet up and go down to Whaler's Village. We go down to shop for a little bit and got some coffee, then preceded to the Hula Grill to start our drinking early. During our wait for the seating, Greg contemplated getting Katie this necklace she's wanted for a couple years from the Swarovski shop. Her birthday was the next day, and he wanted to suprise her. He kinda backed out of the decision because it was pretty expensive, but then I told him she'd be way stoked on it because she had mentioned it to me earlier in the week. He said, "fuck it!" and got it! We finally get seated and we immediately order beers. I was trying to drink the fact my last day in Hawaii sucked away. Katied joined us about 30 minutes later. Greg and I then made the secret handoff of the gift and he gave it to her at the table. She was STOKED!



It's a little robot covered in swarovski crystals, and the head and body rotate. We were then joined by a couple from Oklahoma that they had met earlier in the week. We ordered more drinks and food. For an appetizer I got these crab and macadamia nut wontons!



Amazing! especially with the spicy mustard dipping sauce. For dinner I got this goat cheese and veggie pizza.



amazing as well! About 4 more hours and drinks later, courtesy of Greg Jones (thanks man!), we decided to head for another spot up the road. This place was called "The Rusty Harpoon." Immediately Greg and the other husband wanted to go to the pool table room a.k.a. the cigarette smoke cubicle trap. I decided to stay back with the wives and talk about dogs, haha. About 45 or so minutes later, Greg comes rushing to me and says, "I've got what you've been waiting for all trip," or something to that effect. I immediately knew what he was talking about. We then head to the pool room, talked to the local doods they had been playing with, and exited the pool room. We followed them outside to their truck

(by the way, all the trucks in Maui look like this)



and im immediately greeted with a bowl packed full of Pakalolo. Despite my disgust for bowls, especially sharing them with strangers, I said, "Fuck It!" I grabbed it and took the largest hit my lungs could muscle. I knew right away that I wasn't going to need another hit. That was the first time I had smoked in like 6 months, but I knew that it was more than enough for me. About 5 minutes later, I was floored. We decided to wrap up the night and start walking back to the hotel. It was epic. Golf balls we had found along the way became devices of war. We were dodging golf balls while we threw them at eachother... fucking stupid I know, but it was fun. We were jumping over streams about 5 ft wide and through bushes. Greg had tons of freestyling going on, while I covered the beat box. Then about a 15 minute convo on Biggie and Wu. We were fucked up. Maui Wowie, no doubt about it. I somehow managed to stumble along my hotel room and make it inside. I immediately threw the balcony door open and stripped myself of clothes. I hopped on the bed and I remember laying there for about 20 minutes, motionless. I was feeling my face completely melt off and ooze onto the sheets. Then I passed out! Shitty day turned awesome night.


Day 6/7 - Final Day(s)

By the time I woke up, I was already ready to leave Maui. It was definitely a beautiful day though...



I packed my things then checked out of the hotel. For some reason T-mobile thought it would be a great idea to tell us we HAD to be out of our rooms and checked out by 11am, yet my bus didn't leave the hotel until 6pm. So now I was stuck sitting around with luggage and nothing to do while I had to wait because I was kicked out. I went to the lobby where they had free wifi, and some couches, and started 'internetting'. To kill time I got on netflix and watched "The Motorcycle Diaries."



Movie was soooooo good, and a great time killer. After that, I decided to go get some lunch and just sit and chill for the rest of my time before the bus arrived. I went to this little patio bar/restaurant called "The Laguna Bar." It was chill as fuck. This is what I was viewing as I was there,



for lunch I got a couple Big Swell IPAs and a kalua pork bbq sandwich.



of course it was good! While I was eating, I was watching all the little kids get gnarly on Black Rock. heres a video.



I sat around for about a good 2 hours, maybe more, just enjoying the view, food, and weather. Then it was time to finally leave. This guy came a picked us up for the trip to the airport.



While boarding the bus, this was sitting outside behind the hotel



you can barely see the mountains due to the clouds, but it was pretty as fuck.

Almost everybody didn't say a word on the trip back. Everyone was quiet as fuck, just looking over the mountains and sea ridge during sunset as they said farewell to their short lived paradise. It was kind of sad.

We finally arrive to Kahului airport and it was pandemonium!



yeah! Took about 45 minutes to get my boarding pass and luggage checked in. I then headed over to the carry-on check in so that I could go to the boarding area.... check what that looked like



I got in line and the airport lady chose which line you got in.. Normal/Family traveler or Expert traveler. She looked at me, noticed I was by myself, and was like, "Fuck It!", and pointed me in the expert direction. Wiki Wiki Mother fucker!



This still took FOREVER! After waiting through both lines, so much time had pass and I had to immediately board my 9pm flight leaving Maui to LAX.

***for the rest of this update im going to stay away from paragraphs and just explain a couple of the pictures. I decided not to take pictures with the people I sat next to for the way back, because I got seated with this annoying "Bro" on my first flight, and it just ruined the vibe. Sorry!***



Watched Defiance in the headrest TV



Played bejeweled in the headrest TV



landed in LA at about 5am Cali time. Got off the plane for about 30 minutes, and got right back on to venture to Atlanta




landing in Atlanta v2.0



posted up on this for my 2 hour layover.



arriving to norfolk to be greeted by my amazing mom and sister. Here was my walk from the plane to them.



and finally, at about 6:30pm......HOME!


I don't feel like writing one long concluding paragraph. Im sorry im lazy. Maybe later i'll come back and re-edit it. Thanks for all who've read, commented, and talked to me irl about my hawaii updates! It really means a lot!

FIN!

2 comments:

amber dawn said...

your super in depth videos. i like!
great pics too man. makes me want to travel to hawaii now. haha. glad to see you had fun. and next time your free lets some one tree. haha no rhyming intended.

Tyler said...

lemme guess, capital one suspended your account because you didn't let them know you were going to hawaii. same thing happenned to me in germany/amsterdam. it sucked royally, but i guess they're doing it for your protection. thanks for finishing the trip out, enjoyed reading it.